CJI Ranjan Gogoi, during a letter to the Central Government on Oct eighteen, 2019, counselled the appointment of Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde because of the next magistrate of India. magistrate Gogoi initiated the appointment method for SA Bobde, the second senior-most decide of the Supreme Court. SA Bobde is probably going to require the pledge because of the forty-seventh magistrate of India (CJI) on November eighteen, 2019, daily when the retirement of CJI Ranjan Gogoi on November seventeen, 2019. Justice Gogoi was sworn in because of the forty-sixth CJI on Oct three, 2018. Justice Bobde can function the CJI for one year and 5 months until April twenty-three, 2021. CJI Gogoi has headed and set over the landmark cases throughout his stint as magistrate like the Ayodhya-Babri place of worship land dispute and also the National Register of voters (NRC). CJI Gogoi followed the right tradition to call his successor by writing a letter to the govt. As per rule, the incumbent magistrate must send the advice of future senior-most decide as his successor in writing a month before his retirement.
Another proposal by CJI Gogoi
CJI Ranjan Gogoi has hints another proposal to reinforce the retirement age of judicature judges from the present sixty-two years to sixty-five years.
About Sharad Arvind Bobde
– reserves Bobde is at this time the second senior-most decide of the Supreme Court.
– Presently, he’s conjointly holding the position of the Chancellor of Maharashtra National Law University, Bombay and Nagpur’s Maharashtra National Law University.
– He was elevated as a Supreme Court decision on April twelve, 2013.
– He has antecedently served because of the magistrate of the Madhya Pradesh judicature.
– Justice Bobde has rendered judgments in some vital cases like Aadhaar, Pro-life, extreme pollution in Delhi-NCR, and others.
– Justice Bobde can retire on April twenty-three, 2021.