Modi government’s ban on single use plastic.
List of banned items.
- Less than 200ml drinking water PET/ PETE bottles having liquid holding capacity
- Plastic Mineral water pouch.
- Plastic Bags with handles and without handles.
- Disposable items made up of Thermacol or plastic ( dish, cup, spoon, plates. glasses, fork, bowl, container)
- Disposable dish/ bowl , straws used in hotels and restros.
- Any compo-stable plastic bags except for plant nurseries, horticulture, agriculture, & handling solid waste.
- Use of Plastic & Thermocol for decoration purpose.
List of items which are allowed for specific use.
- Virgin plastic bags used for have milk having thickness not less than 50 micron and printed with buy back price.
- Paper based carton packaging using one or more layer of plastic.
- Compo-stable plastic bags used for plant nurseries, horticulture , agriculture & handling of solid waste.
- Plastic packaging material more than 50 micron thickness with minimum two gram weights used to seal groceries & grain products for wholesale and retail.
- Plastic material made up of minimum 20% recyclable plastic material & having thickness more than 50 micron used for warping material at the manufacturing stage or integral part of manufacturing. Thermocol used for wrapping the material at manufacturing stage.
- Manufacture of plastic & plastic bags for export purpose in special economic zone & export oriented units.
- PET/PETE bottles having a liquid holding capacity 200ml and more than 200ml.